DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone sold their winch. I will not use it and a guy offerd me $500 for it. I am thinking hard about it. should be easy to remove it from the truck. any thoughts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have never heard of a PW owner selling their winch. I have heard of owners with a regular 2500 wanting to buy the PW winch."it's better to have and not need than it is to need and not have"IMO.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Power Wagon winch features a 12,000 lb. capacity, similar to a WARN M12000. But the Power Wagon winch's drum rotates the opposite direction, and a different control box that includes a low-voltage interrupt (LVI) that'll halt the winch if the vehicle's voltage drops. In addition, this winch comes loaded with 90' of 7/16" of wire rope vs. 125' of 3/8" line on a WARN M12000.

List Price: $2,674.60
Sale Price: $2,219.95 (Save 17% off list)

Shipping: $99.00 Oversized Fee

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/Mo...2000-Pound-Winch--Mounting-Kit--PRD27070.aspx

$500 would hardly buy the tow cable & hook

Winch: (source)
Manufactured by Warn Industries.
Based on Warn's Heavyweight Winch Series, but unique to 3G PWs.
12,000lb (5,440 kgs) pulling capacity.
136lb (62kgs) steel chassis.
3-stage planetary gear train with 315:1 reduction.
12V 4.6hp series wound motor.
Rotating ring gear clutch.
Automatic direct drive cone brake.
Thermal protection system shuts the winch off until the temperature falls back to within normal operating parameters.
Low voltage interrupt introduces a 30 second pause when voltage drops to 9.75V to protect the truck's electronics.
90' (27m) of 7/16" (11mm) diameter wire rope.
12' (3.7m) lead remote control.

Reactions: Sledlvr

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the informationand input. I will have to keep it and look for reasons to use it..LOL:smileup:

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Thanks for the informationand input. I will have to keep it and look for reasons to use it..LOL:smileup:
Good choice. :smileup:
The factory winch is one of the features that sets the Power Wagon apart from the others, and they are worth a lot more than $500. If you sell it, you will actually reduce the resale value of the truck by quite a bit. :str:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't understand the logic of taking off the winch. To each his own that's what makes us great.
I think one or two more saves and my winch will have paid for itself. In one night alone it got myself and my GF to work and my brother home from work by pulling a downed tree from the highway during a storm. The wages saved alone were worth 1/3 what I paid for the winch. I'd love to find one for the rear for $500.
Which reminds me, anyone got any ideas for a rear winch set up?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Power Wagon winch features a 12,000 lb. capacity, similar to a WARN M12000.

The winch is a Warn M12000, no different than the one you buy off the shelf. Most all winch drums can be clocked as this is very common for allowing differing mounting applications and rotating the drum the oposite direction is just a matter of switching the solenoid leads. If you pull the bumper off (I have) the warn M12000 label is right on the top.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had my winch replaced and removed and the warranty company paid for it and heres the paper work .... and Ive pulled out buddies of mine... city trucks.. the winch Makes the Power Wagon stand apart from your standard 2500 Rams... if you wanna winch.. buy the Power Wagon if you wanna Ram with out the winch buy a 2500 Ram... but as the people say "to each is own"

Also when I needed the winch to be replaced... I called Warn and they told me they cannot do anything I HAVE to go thru Mopar.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Keep the winch for all the reasons listed above. A Power Wagon without a winch is like shoes without souls.

·
Registered
580 Posts
It's a Warn whinch, but it runs backwards. You can get parts for it, I just can't remember the model you need to give them.

I needed a 2500, but I needed the CTD more than the winch ;). Easier to add the winch later than the CTD! I'm actually trying to fab up a reciever mount for my grill guard, that way I can mount a portable winch.

My plan is to cable it with a couple high amp 12v aux plugs, then I can use it front and back on both trucks. Figure worst case I bend the hell out of a $90 winch tray and have to buy another, beats the hell out of waiting all day for a tow truck.

My plan is to use the 2/0 cables/plugs tow trucks use for jumper cables. Will also make it handy to do the neighborly jumpstart every so often.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts