DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good one for you:
Right now my rear passenger side window will not roll up. It is only half way down and it will continue to roll further down (I have tested this twice).

On a couple of occasions the driver's door has done the same, however when I open the door, it rolls back up. After closing the door the window again works in both directions.

Any suggestions on how to get the rear window up and what to do to keep all my windows in working order?

This is a 2002 SLT with the 4.7L.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im having the same exact problem with my truck on the same window haha.

When I got the truck the dealer put a brand new motor in as part of our terms, and it worked for about a month until the other day. I have tried hitting the door around the switch and gotten it to work, and playing with the switch on the door as well. I believe its cause by a short in the wire, but I haven't had a chance to pull the door panel off and fool with it.
If you figure out what it is let us know, sorry I can't help you out more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thank you for the post. I had been discussing it in another forum and the first solution I am going to try is replacing the switches on the driver side. If this does not work, then I will start hunting for pinched/broken wires. I am traveling right now, but will let you know how it turns out.
Take care,
John

·
Banned
40 Posts
instead of replacing the switches just take them apart and check the solder connections and if you can just resolder them much cheaper then if they don't work buy new switches

1 - 6 of 6 Posts