DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 door goat and i will describe what every door can do and cant do. Hopefully you can help me figure out the problem. I've checked the fuse box already and all seems to be good.

Driver switch: can control everything except driver side back seat (unless door is open).

Passenger switch: the lock works but cant control window.

Back seat passengers: cant control windows

Another problem is when i lock my doors, all the doors lock except my driver side back seat.

If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Please ask questions

·
Registered
53 Posts
The back seat driver side problem sounds like a bad wire/connector since it works with the door open. Does the speaker in that door work? If not, it is more probable there's a connector problem. Of course all the wires from the body to that door could be "damaged" and only work with the door open (intermitent open wire). I had the same problem and eventually the window stopped working (down of course). I ended up taking the window drive and motor out and then pushing the window up and finally putting the broken drive back in to keep it up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My truck has had similar problems with the windows. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Usually I can get them to work (except the one I took the drive and motor out of) from the driver controls. I have come to the conclusion that the window lock switch is at least a big part of my problems. If I press the lock switch NUMEROUS times usually the window switch on the door will work (for a while).

·
Registered
161 Posts
These, just like every car, have problems with the wires in the rubber boot that goes from the body to the door. My back drivers door had 6 wires that were broken. Some of them would make occasional contact and things would work, but I soldered all the wires back together and it works great

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx alot for the quick replies. i think im going to just take it to a mechaic and ill let you all know what the deal is

1 - 5 of 5 Posts