DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i seen in a thread that all new ram with thte express down and up windows have where you can hold the unlock on the fob and the windows will roll down. i have a 2012 dodge laramie loaded except sunroof and i can't seem to get this feature to work. also have a 2010 charger with express windows, and in the owners manual it shows how to use this feature but don't work on it either am i missing something or why won't it work on my vehicles

·
Registered
98 Posts
You'll need to be in range of the vehicle, obviously :).

Then hit the unlock button once like you are gonna unlock the doors then press it again and hold it down, the windows should start to roll down, hold down the unlock button until the windows go down as far as you want them to. Once you release the button the windows will stop.

·
Registered
718 Posts
And remember the windows will only go down not up. Why they did not make them go up also is something I cannot figure out.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
windows going down can't hurt any one normally

windows going up could close on something sensitive, dogs nose, childs hands, etc.
so it would be a liability for the auto makers

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
if your doors unlock with 2 presses on the FOB
one for drivers door, the 2nd for the rest of the doors
you have to continue to hold the FOB down on the 2nd click
if done right, both front windows will start opening
only release when the windows are down to the point that you want them

It doesn't work every time on mine, i think i lift my thumb too quickly & try to recover the sequence & it doesn't work that way

In the EVIC controls, you can have all doors unlock on a single click, i have not tried it though

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
if your doors unlock with 2 presses on the FOB
one for drivers door, the 2nd for the rest of the doors
you have to continue to hold the FOB down on the 2nd click
if done right, both front windows will start opening
only release when the windows are down to the point that you want them

It doesn't work every time on mine, i think i lift my thumb too quickly & try to recover the sequence & it doesn't work that way

In the EVIC controls, you can have all doors unlock on a single click, i have not tried it though
^^^^ This is exactly how it works on mine. :smileup:

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
You are hitting the 'Unlock' button? And holding it on the second hit. You have to hold it for awhile. Takes about 3-4 seconds before the windows start to roll down.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
The only other thing that i can think of is
in your EVIC personal settings, that function is not checked off yet

I have not had a chance to play with the 2012 steering wheel buttons, so i don't know how you would go about it

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I just spent the last while reading the 2012 Owners Manual, and then compared to previous years owners manual, and it appears the 'Remote Open Window Feature' has been discontinued for 2012. :wow:

I know a lot of people wanted this feature turned off because of accidentally rolling the windows down in the rain, etc., so am guessing that dodge decided to eliminate it. :(

Not looking good for you. I have this feature and would be completely happy without it. It's a cool toy to show to others, but with remote start and auto comfort system, the novelty soon wore off. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
You know, after playing with mine yesterday I could not get them to open like I could in my 2011 :4-dontknow:. I liked the feature, wonder if the dealer can turn it on?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I wish I had it on my 07 especially in the summer before getting all the way to the truck and diving into 130 degree interior....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts