DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I left my 2011 dodge ram crew cab unlocked for about 20 minutes at the house. When I came back outside the front windows were rolled halfway down and the message on the dash said " remote start disabled, start to reset". I know the windows can be rolled down by pressing the unlock button once then holding it down, but I am not sure about the remote start message. I didn't even try to start it with remote start, the message was just on there. Any ideas??? I changed my oil yesterday for the first time but I would not think that would have anything to do with it. Although when I start the truck for the first time during the day it vibrates right when I hit the gas but then it stops vibrating right after that. That only started since I changed the oil (I did it my self, with full synthetic).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Remote start is disabled when windows are down, hood is open etc. probably bumped the remote start button after you bumped the unlock button

·
Registered
101 Posts
Remote start is disabled when windows are down, hood is open etc. probably bumped the remote start button after you bumped the unlock button
I believes it works when the windows are down, but all the doors/hood need to be closed. It should say what caused the remote start to be disabled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried it an the remote start does work when the windows are down. The message didn't say the reason for it being disabled. Normally when remote start will not start because of a open door or low gas it says remote start aborted, door ajar. But the message this time only said "remote start disabled, start to reset"

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
low gas, door ajar, hood not fully closed all disable remote start

i believe the only other thing that disables it, is when someone tries to take the vehicle, without the FOBIK, either remotely or without the Fobik being real close to the ignition switch when the switch is turned (like with a screwdriver)

·
Registered
162 Posts
You are correct about the windows, the only other thing i can thinkof is if you cycle remote start on and off twice, it will not work a third time without the key.

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
You are correct about the windows, the only other thing i can thinkof is if you cycle remote start on and off twice, it will not work a third time without the key.
I think this is the reason. You must have been pressing the remote a lot more than you think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts