DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, on my 2019 ram bighorn 5th gen. There is a rubber seal in between the windshield and end of the dash and it is ripped/tarred slightly, I can’t un see it when I drive and it’s annoying. Is there a way to replace that, If so does anyone have a link for it where I can buy it, I’d rather not have to go through the dealer if I don’t need too, thanks
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Looks like a blob sealer. Bet it would rub right off. I'd try that before tearing everything apart. Was the windshield replaced?

The seal is around $10 if you go that route. You can ask in the vendor forum to be sure of the correct part number for your spec.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a blob sealer. Bet it would rub right off. I'd try that before tearing everything apart. Was the windshield replaced?

The seal is around $10 if you go that route. You can ask in the vendor forum to be sure of the correct part number for your spec.

Yes the windshield was replaced, I guess they must’ve by accidentally cut it while removing the old windshIeld, it’s definitely a factory part it’s there for a reason so I’d wanna get it replaced, do you think the dash would have to come apart for that to be replaced? Thanks

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I would assume that the top of the dash would have to come off. Doubt there is any way to change the seal without removing the top. You could look at a parts fiche to get an idea of what is involved.

Have you tried to sneak something in there and rub the sealer? I'm sure it's pretty tight. Not going to fix the ripple though. If the top comes off easy enough, the $10 seal may be worth replacing.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would assume that the top of the dash would have to come off. Doubt there is any way to change the seal without removing the top. You could look at a parts fiche to get an idea of what is involved.

Have you tried to sneak something in there and rub the sealer? I'm sure it's pretty tight. Not going to fix the ripple though. If the top comes off easy enough, the $10 seal may be worth replacing.
yes I tried sticking my finger in there, it’s tight, and I could probably rip it off but idk what it’s attached too, I just can’t find the part anywhere, I saw one on line under the part number of 68483255aa which looks to be it, but it says it doesn’t fit my vehicle? Idk why unless the bighorn model has a different dash then the other ones. Link for the part below but again for some reason it says it doesn’t fit my model…

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes I tried sticking my finger in there, it’s tight, and I could probably rip it off but idk what it’s attached too, I just can’t find the part anywhere, I saw one on line under the part number of 68483255aa which looks to be it, but it says it doesn’t fit my vehicle? Idk why unless the bighorn model has a different dash then the other ones.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I saw that fitment issue too so that is why I suggested asking in the dealer's forum. Benny is really good at finding part numbers and can also get you a discounted price on the part.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw that fitment issue too so that is why I suggested asking in the dealer's forum. Benny is really good at finding part numbers and can also get you a discounted price on the part.
can you send me a link to that discussion where Benny is

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The link is in post #2. Just start a thread in that section and ask about your specific part. He is very prompt answering during business days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts