DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, on my 2019 ram bighorn 5th gen. There is a rubber seal in between the windshield and end of the dash and it is ripped/tarred slightly, I can’t un see it when I drive and it’s annoying. Is there a way to replace that, If so does anyone have a link for it where I can buy it, when I look up the part i find this which looks to be correct but it says it doesn’t fit my particular ram, mine is a 2019 ram bighorn crew cab 4x4

·
Super Moderator
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,647 Posts
Hi Mike19dc,
From reading your other thread, I got the impression you were looking to contact Benny at MoparOnlineParts - so I moved your post to the appropriate place in the vendor section.
If I misunderstood, let me know and I'll fix my mistake.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike19dc,
From reading your other thread, I got the impression you were looking to contact Benny at MoparOnlineParts - so I moved your post to the appropriate place in the vendor section.
If I misunderstood, let me know and I'll fix my mistake.
Yes I was! Thank you

·
Mopar Online Parts
2,111 Posts
Hello, on my 2019 ram bighorn 5th gen. There is a rubber seal in between the windshield and end of the dash and it is ripped/tarred slightly, I can’t un see it when I drive and it’s annoying. Is there a way to replace that, If so does anyone have a link for it where I can buy it, when I look up the part i find this which looks to be correct but it says it doesn’t fit my particular ram, mine is a 2019 ram bighorn crew cab 4x4

Hi,
Yes your link is correct. This may be cheaper to obtain locally due to shipping unless you needed other stuff too??

Thanks,
- Benny

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Yes your link is correct. This may be cheaper to obtain locally due to shipping unless you needed other stuff too??

Thanks,
- Benny
hi Benny, the part is for my truck? When I put the year make and model it says it doesn’t fit my Vechical, maybe is that a glitch ? Thanks for you reply

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it fits, The 3rd party catalog is filled with many errors as such unfortunately which is why we ask for VIN's at checkout.

Thanks,
- Benny
great thank you Benny, as far as installing this does the windshield have to come out? Or the dash ? Or neither? Thanks again!

·
Mopar Online Parts
2,111 Posts
It's not definitive but from what I can see the instrument panel however before doing so I would inspect the replacement weatherstrip once you get it. If it appears to be a friction fit you may be able to finagle the new one in as removing the dash is alot of work.

- Benny

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not definitive but from what I can see the instrument panel however before doing so I would inspect the replacement weatherstrip once you get it. If it appears to be a friction fit you may be able to finagle the new one in as removing the dash is alot of work.

- Benny
so if I kept the dash in place I would have to remove the old one by prying it out and the finagling the new one in? The old one isn’t clipped in? also would be possible to have the windshield removed and then the put the new strip in, then put the windshield back?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
so if I kept the dash in place I would have to remove the old one by prying it out and the finagling the new one in? The old one isn’t clipped in? also would be possible to have the windshield removed and then the put the new strip in, then put the windshield back?
That seems kinda dumb. Isn't that how the strip got messed up in the first place not to mention if the glass got broke to replace a $10 strip of rubber.

·
Mopar Online Parts
2,111 Posts
I can only assume it can be done properly by either method of removing the dash or the windshield.

- Benny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts