DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to the truck this weekend and found water leaking down from the handle on the A pillar on the drivers side. Took it in to the local dealership since it's a 2016 with just over 18,000 and is under warranty still. Mechanic looked at it and said the seal at the top of the windshield was bad and that's where it was leaking. I asked if it was covered and the employees just kind of nodded and kept talking. Told me they had to call a glass company to fix it because they don't do it themselves. They called today and said that glass isn't covered under the normal 3 yr./36,000 mile warranty and that this would be out of pocket for me. They said glass is only covered for 12 months and 12,000 miles. Which I find hard to believe. Does anyone here know for sure if that's the case and if so is there a number to call at Chrysler to see if they will cover it? Seems a little crazy to me that a seal would go bad in two years time. Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
34,695 Posts
I mean, yeah they wouldn't cover glass like a broken windshield, but the glass isn't the issue, its a body seal. This should be covered pretty plainly. Do you have another dealer around that may be more inclined to do their job?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean, yeah they wouldn't cover glass like a broken windshield, but the glass isn't the issue, its a body seal. This should be covered pretty plainly. Do you have another dealer around that may be more inclined to do their job?
We got 7" of rain over the weekend when it started and I don't have a garage so I had to go with getting it fixed and paying for it. Is there a number for Chrysler I can call to dispute it and get a refund or do I have to fight with the dealership?

·
Super Moderator
34,695 Posts
If its a warranty item and you came out of pocket they should reimburse you. I am not sure how to go about that

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
Start by calling Customer Care Center at the Ram offices

https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/ram/index.html

If you are having a vehicle or service-related concern, we are here to help you. Please follow the steps below to ensure the quickest resolution.

Step 1: Discuss your concern with the Sales Representative or Service Manager at your selling or servicing dealership.

Step 2: If your dealership is unable to resolve your concern, contact the FCA US Customer Care Center:

RAM 866-726-4636

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Start by calling Customer Care Center at the Ram offices

https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/ram/index.html

If you are having a vehicle or service-related concern, we are here to help you. Please follow the steps below to ensure the quickest resolution.

Step 1: Discuss your concern with the Sales Representative or Service Manager at your selling or servicing dealership.

Step 2: If your dealership is unable to resolve your concern, contact the FCA US Customer Care Center:

RAM 866-726-4636
Thanks for the information I appreciate it. I am going to call the service manager tomorrow and see what he says. The warranty booklet says the windshield and rear window are only covered for 12 months or 12,000 miles on the vehicle. Which as definitely passed in both cases. The windshield itself is fine. It was the seal that failed. That's going to be my argument. I'll keep you all posted as to how it goes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I called the dealership yesterday and talked to the service manager. He essentially told me he can't do anything because of Chrysler policy but that if I called Chrysler and pleaded my case they would most likely reimburse me for the cost. Looks like I get to call Chrysler...gotta love large corporations. Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 eco diesel, which has been a litany of issues to deal with with in the first place. But now I can add windshield leak to the list! Like some of you have seen, I first found water drips to be coming out from under the screw cover on the drivers side pillar handle. But yesterday, came out to find a puddle of water in the tray under the center of the dashboard! As I followed it up, and actually say a drip, I found my headliner surrounding the overhead console to be saturated to the point of dripping as I drove, telling me there must be a collection of water in the roof from the rain we had that day, which was a little heavy at times, but nothing torrential. Regardless, there should be no water entry whatsoever!
I love this truck, but after having taken it in seven times for recalls and issues with the eco Diesel engine itself, and now to have this to happen, I gotta say, I’m having serious regrets picking this brand over the others out there for a truck!
Having read that others have had similar issues with this, I guess I’ll contact my dealership and see what they can do about it.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 eco diesel, which has been a litany of issues to deal with with in the first place. But now I can add windshield leak to the list! Like some of you have seen, I first found water drips to be coming out from under the screw cover on the drivers side pillar handle. But yesterday, came out to find a puddle of water in the tray under the center of the dashboard! As I followed it up, and actually say a drip, I found my headliner surrounding the overhead console to be saturated to the point of dripping as I drove, telling me there must be a collection of water in the roof from the rain we had that day, which was a little heavy at times, but nothing torrential. Regardless, there should be no water entry whatsoever!
I love this truck, but after having taken it in seven times for recalls and issues with the eco Diesel engine itself, and now to have this to happen, I gotta say, I’m having serious regrets picking this brand over the others out there for a truck!
Having read that others have had similar issues with this, I guess I’ll contact my dealership and see what they can do about it. View attachment 131957
Hi @Tonyf14 - I am very sorry to hear of the frustration that has been associated with your ownership experience, as this is certainly not what we expect for our customers. As you will be addressing this with your dealer, we would like to escalate your situation to a Case Manager which will provide the dealership and yourself with an individual who will review your concern, then assist you and the dealership in exhausting all available resources to have the concern addressed and resolved. If this would be of interest, please follow up with me via PM to get the process started.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed I’d be interested in any help I can get with this. Jack Powell Dodge in Escondido California is my local dealer whom I purchased the truck from.
They have been good so far considering all the issues and recalls I’ve had to bring it in for. As of now, as you probably know, there is an outstanding recall on a coolant valve issue the notice says that Chrysler engineers are working on a solution for, and will let everyone know when they have one and it will be taken care of. Meanwhile, owners are supposed to keep an eye on coolant levels. At this time, I have noticed a leak coming from the truck which looks like coolant, so I hope they resolve this as well.
I called the dealership yesterday, who did not answer, so I left a detailed message but have not gotten a response yet.
Also, I received a notice about a code update for the computer that was supposed to help with the lagging issue from a stop that started after the new code was put in after the exhaust issue, which I had complained about as it goes so slow off the line, it’s almost dangerous if someone comes along quicker than it appears when you pull out onto a street. I called about that as well, and received no response.
So I welcome any help from you I can get!
I’m not sure how to pm you on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed I’d be interested in any help I can get with this. Jack Powell Dodge in Escondido California is my local dealer whom I purchased the truck from.
They have been good so far considering all the issues and recalls I’ve had to bring it in for. As of now, as you probably know, there is an outstanding recall on a coolant valve issue the notice says that Chrysler engineers are working on a solution for, and will let everyone know when they have one and it will be taken care of. Meanwhile, owners are supposed to keep an eye on coolant levels. At this time, I have noticed a leak coming from the truck which looks like coolant, so I hope they resolve this as well.
I called the dealership yesterday, who did not answer, so I left a detailed message but have not gotten a response yet.
Also, I received a notice about a code update for the computer that was supposed to help with the lagging issue from a stop that started after the new code was put in after the exhaust issue, which I had complained about as it goes so slow off the line, it’s almost dangerous if someone comes along quicker than it appears when you pull out onto a street. I called about that as well, and received no response.
So I welcome any help from you I can get

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hi Mark,
So I welcome any help from you I can get
Hi Tony,

I do apologize for the delay in my response, just had a chance to respond to your PM!

Mark
RamCares

1 - 12 of 12 Posts