DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I washed my truck the other night (not that it matters, it's filthy again already) and I noticed something very upsetting. My windshield was leaking water from the top, two streaks of water ran down on the inside. On top of this I had some water leak through the top screw holes on both sides of the a-pillar handle.

Ever heard of this? I have an appointment on Jan 8th at the dealership to get it looked at...but any insight would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
it happens with the Rams a lot more often than you would think, the dealer will fix it.
the machine that applies the sealer sometimes gets a air bubble & misses a very small spot where no compound is applied
it can happen to front & rear windows & around the outer cargo light

·
Registered
402 Posts
had this same issue but on the side.....looked like someone bumped into the robot.....either way this repair should be carried out by a glass company as the dealer will not have the correct butyl sealer.......also if the repair is made from the inside there will be less potential for damage.....inner trim pieces are alot more friendly.....

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
the dealerships body repair dept, has the right sealer & it will be fixed under warranty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, according to them they've never heard of this happening before. I'm sure they will fix it.

You would think that some sort of seal testing would be done before it is sold...

·
Registered
243 Posts
This is a old topic but the problem still exists today, ran my 15 ram thru a touch less car wash with high pressure water spray. After I noticed two small drops on inside of windshield. The ram has no rubber seal across the top, It didn't leak from rain that I noticed but it shouldn't leak ever. Now I could take it back to the dealer and deal with all that but chose to do it myself like I did the leak at the third brake light. So after much research I went with the permatex flowable silicon windshield sealant, ( most parts stores carry it, 5.98 ) this stuff seems to do well, its clear and when applied to the gully ram leaves at the top of the windshield it settled into all the little rough areas to form what I hope is a good seal. I will follow up in a week or so after it has cured and I get back by the car wash. A + is you can't even tell it was done it blended right in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I washed my truck the other night (not that it matters, it's filthy again already) and I noticed something very upsetting. My windshield was leaking water from the top, two streaks of water ran down on the inside. On top of this I had some water leak through the top screw holes on both sides of the a-pillar handle.

Ever heard of this? I have an appointment on Jan 8th at the dealership to get it looked at...but any insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What did you find out? I have the same problem today with the same year truck! Dripping into the horn and setting the horn off!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
What did you find out? I have the same problem today with the same year truck! Dripping into the horn and setting the horn off!
Hello JKFountian,
Have you considered addressing this with your local Ram dealer? If you decide to go this route and need additional assistance, please reach out to us privately.
Laura
RamCares

·
Super Moderator
34,387 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? Drain tubes could be clogged

1 - 14 of 14 Posts