DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Dodge Ram 2wd, 6.7 diesel SLT. When I depress the washer fluid lever, nothing comes out and I don't hear a hum, indicating to me the pump has gone bad. I checked the fuse and it's fine. What is a good recommended pump (i.e Trico?) and how do I change it out? Is it accessible from just popping the lid or do I need to put the truck on ramps or a lift and access from the bottom?
pictures, diagrams, etc would be very helpful. Seems like an easy fix, based on what I have seen in YouTube videos for changing out a pump on other vehicles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
2010 Dodge Ram 2wd, 6.7 diesel SLT. When I depress the washer fluid lever, nothing comes out and I don't hear a hum, indicating to me the pump has gone bad. I checked the fuse and it's fine. What is a good recommended pump (i.e Trico?) and how do I change it out? Is it accessible from just popping the lid or do I need to put the truck on ramps or a lift and access from the bottom?
pictures, diagrams, etc would be very helpful. Seems like an easy fix, based on what I have seen in YouTube videos for changing out a pump on other vehicles.
There are a few people that have posted that Rain X washer fluid gunks up the pump. It is able to be removed and cleaned. Just a thought in case you use Rain X.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Made no sound and I thought it was dead. Dropped it off at the dealer and they said that the pipes were jammed and did a system flush.
Works good as new. This was in Oct 2014.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts