DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently it's been around -15 and at first the windshield washer fluid wouldn't squirt out but the wipers did. Then the windshield fluid light went on. Filled it up even tho there was half full in there... The light was still on, then I checked my coolant res and it was empty, filled that bad boy up. Light still on ok whatever. Then one day I go to wash my windshield and the fluid squirts on but the wipers dont go, and I'm sitting there at the stop light like shiiiiit... Then after about 30 seconds the wipers barely start working then speeding up to where they should be. Then the next day it happens again, but this time about after a minute then the wipers barely start working. Now they don't work at all and that damn windshield fluid warning light is still on. And I don't know what to do. Why did they stop working?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was gonna take it to the shop tomorrow but out of no where today I tried to use my wipers they still didn't work. But the after driving around a bit I hit it again and bam! Started working again. So I don't know if this 25 degree weather had any affect on it but it did stop working in below zero weather so I don't know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I was gonna take it to the shop tomorrow but out of no where today I tried to use my wipers they still didn't work. But the after driving around a bit I hit it again and bam! Started working again. So I don't know if this 25 degree weather had any affect on it but it did stop working in below zero weather so I don't know.
I am having this exact same problem right now and it started when the weather was zero or below for the last two weeks. Did you have to replace anything or just wait for things to warm up again?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
anything less than -45 washer fluid is prone to freeze up in the lines. A thing you can do to help out is to add at least half a quart or liter of isopropanol alcohol to the washer tank. It will stop it from freezing up. Did that all the time in -50 c weather and never a freeze up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts