DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 SLT
The wiper switch will not always turn on the wipers, sometimes I have to turn the switch numerous times before the wipers turn on. Other times the wipers turn on right away.

If I use the sprayer then the wipers will turn on right away. Is the switch stock switch shot?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
A bad switch is definite possibility, but before replacing that, check the wiring connector from it. The common terminal for the basic wiper operation is in position 4, where the common for the wash function is at the other end in position 1, beside the return line in position 2. If this connector is slightly skewed, it is possible for 1&2 to be connected, and 4 to be intermittent, which could cause the symptoms you explained. :)

E

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I'd check the connector but normally this indicates a worn or carboned switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information, is there any thing special that I have to do to get access to the switch? Do I have to remove the steering wheel?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiper madness solved...sort off

Last night went for a drive in the rain, even though I had not yet fixed my wiper problem. So last night is was acting up a usual, would work, might work, won't work. Then for some unknown reason I tilted the steering wheel down from its usual up position.

Guess what? The wipers now work all the time when I want them to.:doh:

I still have to take the steering wheel apart to check what is causing the problem, but I don't have to do it right now.

Thanks all.:smileup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts