DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I picked up a wireless cam/screen set over the fleebay. I tried it powered up at home and it works great. Unfortunately the included manual is useless and I had to rely on my (limited) knowledge of circuits to make it work.
I have no problem with the camera - it's already installed on the back of my truck and powered by reverse lights.

Now I need to install the screen. The screen is a 7" ( I wish it was smaller now) TFT LCD with 3 power cables: black, red (with inline fuse) and blue. Video input is separate.

My questions to good members of this forum:

1. I need a power source consistent with the reverse light at/near the dashboard - is it available? I want my screen powered up only when reversing.

2. Any idea what the blue power wire that comes from the screen might be for. I vaguely recall reading something about a video "trigger", but can't find it again on the forum.

3. I want to install the screen on the bracket coming from the overhead console (towards the back). I am sure I have seen a video of such installation, but also can't find it now - if you know where it is, please let me know (If you can think of a better place to put a 7" screen I am open for suggestions).

The radio screen is non-touch, basic type. My intention was to leave it alone and place the backup screen somewhere else (overhead console).

Thank you in advance for any help.

Slawomir

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reverse "trigger" in the dashboard

rcmpvet
Thanks for the manual. It is helpful. The blue wire question resolved.
The next most important information for me would be question 1 - a point where I can get the reverse "trigger" in the dashboard - is there one?

Thanks
Slawomir

BTW: The screen does not have a brand name on it (!).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This forum looks like the right place to ask

So I am still looking for information where (physically) and how can I connect the monitor red and blue wire under the dashboard. It must (?) be possible.
This forum looks like the right place to ask. Anybody?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts