DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with two installs. I have a 2nd gen 2001 2500.
1) I am looking to install some LED truck bed lights. I would like to tap into the cargo light switch on my dash instead of trying to gain access to the third brake light to power them. Does anyone know what wire I would need to tap into?
2) I have some underbody LED lights that can turn on when you open the doors. I need to know what wire to tap into to make this work. I don’t want to tap into the dome lights, as I don’t want them to come on anytime I have to turn the dome lights on. Maybe the door open switch or something??:4-dontknow:
I really appreciate anyone’s help!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I hope this helps with your first question. You can verify, but most rams have the wires running under the floor/door sill on the driver's side.

not sure if your truck is a quad cab, but if so it's probably easiest to do this in the back vs driver's door. just trace the wire from your cargo light to the floor/door sill and bingo. i'm planning to do the same thing on my truck, but different year and model.

again, different year and model but this thread may help you...

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142971

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.