DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i bought these dome tweeters that i wanted to hook up. So i wanted to hook them up to the left front door speaker. I pulled the head unit out and stripped a bit of the grey/violet and grey/yellow wire and ran a wire from the grey/violet wire and grey/yellow wire. I attached the tweeter positive to grey/violet and negative to grey/yellow. The damn things didnt work! So i gave up and just taped the exposed wires behind the head unit with electrical tape. I put everything back together and my two front speakers left front and right front bass but no sound!:( I dont know whats going on! I did notice however that the wires i stripped were missing a few wire strands and got thinner so i added wire to the thin strands before i tapped it up. HELP PLEASE!:sad:

·
Registered
307 Posts
If you are talking about the factory stereo system you may want to check and see if you have the factory AMP installed then you are tapping into the low level wires and won't get much if any sound. You would have to tap into the output from the AMP, best bet would be just to grab that at the door speakers, then have a simple crossover before it hits the tweeter. Why it isn't working...Hmmmm, good question. Are any of the speakers working?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts