DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install an aftermarket DVD/stereo head unit and the wiring harness I bought for my truck (2009 Dodge Ram 1500 - base model) did not come with the switched 12 volt power wire so I am needing to find it in the original stereo wiring harness. Anyone know what color it is??

I found this wiring diagram:

http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/2009/docs/wd/dr/wiringdiagrams/8w47audiovideosystem.pdf

If I am reading it correctly it should be grey/red but wanted to confirm before I started splicing into wires.

Also, any advice on where to run a wire to hook up for the reverse to get the backup camera hooked up? tia

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
cant be any help on the reverse camera. bit i used the switched cig light...i had 2 one constant one switched.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There's not, it's all controlled by the EVIC with the factory radio. You have to tap into another wire to get the 12 volt signal or get a CAN BUS that creates the 12 volt signal wire. I just used the cigarette lighter 12 volt line and tapped into that. The CAN BUS will cost you $50-$100 depending on where you get it from, but it will have all the other signal wires you're looking for as well, i.e. illumination, reverse, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts