DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2011 SLT came with the chrome bug deflector - I have my own opinion of course, but what do you think - better with or without???

·
Registered
135 Posts
You got a great looking ram don't hide it! Lose the bug deflector all the way!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looking at it again, that bitchin' hood is more defined without it...that is a sweet looking rig!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Defiantly no reflector

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for confirming my thoughts - I think the deflector ruins the graphics of a sweet looking sport hood. Looks a lot meaner without it I think. Plus it tones down some of the chrome. Guess I'll have a deflector to sell or trade. Then I want some red led's in those hood scoops!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Shawn and DeepWater. I saw the thread here on this forum about LEDs in the scoops and I can't wait to 'git er done!' I think Red LEDs (even though most likely illegal) would look killer. Great for shows and cruise nites though! Mod may be a bit beyond my skill level so I'll have to look around and find someone in traveling distance willing to help.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hood

Looks great, what material is the hood made of metal-aluminum-fiberglass , the only think I think I would do to your truck is shed the black pillar tape, and maybe a set of chrome mirror covers. but that's me and it looks great the way it is.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Dig. I have removed the black pillar tape since the photos were taken. According to my dealership website this hood is sheet metal - a $1,070.00 option not including the carbon fiber applique stripes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I traded my stock hood for the sport hood on mine I put the deflector on the sport one and it took me all of two seconds to determine that it looks 150% better without the deflector.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts