DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Ram this past weekend and it had a set of step bars on it. I took them off to see what it would look like and I think I like the truck without them. Opinions?
WITH:

Without:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's funny that you say that. We went to dinner this evening after I took them off, and my little boys threw a fit. WHERE ARE THE STEPS? I CAN'T GET IN THE TRUCK! Lol

·
Registered
628 Posts
I like it without. I would probably take mine off but with kids and stuff need them on.
x2 , by the way , thats a clean looking truck. Without the steps gives the appreance of a higher stance and cleaner lines.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I like the look without them as well as much as I like the shiny stuff, I'm just not a fan of the way they look look. I think it messes up the body lines a bit.
Have you thought about AMP Power steps? They fold out from under the truck when the door opens, and hide away when not in use. They're on the pricey side but everyone who has them has said great things about them. Just my .02

·
Registered
64 Posts
I say keep 'em. Your truck has lots of chrome on it, so I think they fit well, not to mention practical for kids or G/F with a dress. It would look even better with some tubular bed rails. I have a similar truck and I like it, seems to tie the front/rear chrome wheels and bumpers together. But that's just me...

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I took mine off and 5 months later and looking for a set to put back on :/

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like them both ways but prefer mine on. The power steps would be cool to have if you want to keep the look without them when not in use. That is if you dont mind shelling out the cash. I agree with RamMan on the bed rails. I have the steps and rails on mine and they go well together!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Your truck looks good without but like you said, your babies like the help up. Maybe sell those tubular ones and invest in some rectangular. Might keep the lines of the entire package a bit better. Just sayin. Nice silver bullet though!:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
12 2500 Cummins, 92 W150 5.2
227 Posts
Looks awesome without, but if you need steps for function you should look into replacing those with oval steps, they tuck up closer to the body and maintain the modern look. Those tubular U steps are better suited for older trucks IMO. Maybe pick up a set used and sell yours, hopefully you break even or close to it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to keep them off for a while and see how I like it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have them on my truck and while they are useless to me (I'm 6'3") my daughters really like and need them.

I plan to remove mine once I lower it.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Looks awesome without, but if you need steps for function you should look into replacing those with oval steps, they tuck up closer to the body and maintain the modern look. Those tubular U steps are better suited for older trucks IMO. Maybe pick up a set used and sell yours, hopefully you break even or close to it.
agreed here. i dont have them on mine and quite frankly i prefer the look without them...however, the oval steps have been catching my eye lately...i like it when the front and rear of the bars dont come back under the cab...

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
They look good off the vehicle........Nicely done.......

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your truck looks really nice either way but I probably prefer it without step bars just for the cleaner look. Unfortunately, both hubby and I are not the taller types so for functionality, we keep them on and I love them, esp. in the winter as we can shake the snow and sand off our boots before entering. Saves the back as well as I'd have to literaly jump in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts