DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 RAM 1500 crew with the 5.7 Hemi, will not shift out of 4th gear and the check engine light came on, will not down shift with the manumatic and will not shift into normal drive mode. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I ended up having to replace the solenoid pack in the transmission. The trans will lock in fourth gear when basically anything trans related happens; think of fourth gear as its limp mode. You can confirm this by checking the codes in your ECU; if you've got one that says "shift solenoid", then you've got the same problem I had.

If you decide to fix this yourself, it isn't that difficult, just gotta drop the transmission pan, remove the valve body, replace the solenoid pack (and detent pin if you bought one), replace the valve body, then torque the valve body, replace the trans pan, torque the trans pan bolts, then refill it with fluid.

This is the exact kit I ordered to fix mine: 65RFE / 66RFE Solenoid Service Kit 4WD - Updated With Filter Package

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
2012 RAM 1500 crew with the 5.7 Hemi, will not shift out of 4th gear and the check engine light came on, will not down shift with the manumatic and will not shift into normal drive mode. Any ideas?
Hi @Dealn4 - Should you have to address this with your dealer, our team is just a private message away and more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts