DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello the ramz forum, before all sorry for my bad english, so i got my ram 2011 brand new six year ago, almost 200 000km on track right now, never got a serious problem;

yesterday morning i try to crank the motor and they simply won't. i can't ear the "pressurizing" sound when i hit the "on" position of the knob, i just ear a little "click" from the fuse box when i try to start hit. No power to the starter, no power to the fuel pump.

i've made a little video of the problem and i try to detail and explain with the most detail this problem, you can see the dash board, security light blinking and "service four wheel system" message every-time i try to start it.

https://youtu.be/z0irjStBmuc

Here's the list of possible trouble i early check;

-tested the starter; run fine when i send 12v directly on the solenoid
-checked the fuses; all good
-another battery; still the same
-truck booster jump start; nothing
-try to check engine error code with my trinity; really strange it can't communicate with the PCM (see on the video)
-hard reset; unplugged the battery +/- together + unplumbed fuse box; overnight, tested this morning, nothing change except my nav player was fully reset
-tested with my second car key (just in case the keyfob was in fault); same problem
-try to force flash the system with my trinity;nothing it can't communicate to the pcm (video also)

i can't read any code from the "read code method" by doing 3 times "ON / OFF" on the knob (see on the video)

i not checked all ground wire yet, must do it right now, a friend will come tonight with a "pro grade" car computer check material, so i will see if they can't read like the trinity.

i checked almost all post about this issue, i found nothing really helping.

Possible cause i've noted;

TIPM failure ?
Anti theft system stuck and stop the car from starting/running
4wd system failure ? (strange i don't get anything suspect before)

last time i park the truck i don't get any trouble, bad noise or anything. But i don't start the vehicle for about five day before i got this problem, it was parked behind my house for five day without touching it, last time i drove it; no problem

Actually it was totally stuck on my parking, no way to start it.

Update;

Some strange behavior of the system, 30min ago, i just turn the key to ON position, the engine electrical cooling fan turn on, turn off when i try to crank. I removed the key, try again, they won't do them again. Try just 5 min ago, they made it again.

So i ask you before i put my truck on the dealer; if you think can be dirty thieves in the US, try in Belgium and you can feel like being abused brutaly. Thanks in advance !

Ps: i start to understand my father who's pissing on new car's electronic like ; "don't piss me off son, i stay with my military K31"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put it in neutral and try to start it. Could be the neutral safety switch.
Early tried, i pressed the little bypass switch under the plastic cap next the transmission lever, switched to neutral; nothing, they not start.

That's weird, if anybody as an idea ... :i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Seems like a PCM issue. Try unplugging all the connectors on the PCM under the hood on the passenger side for about a minute then plug them back in and try again. After that I'm out of ideas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok well, that's right, i check all wire from the TIPM to the PCM, so the big red from the blue plug at the TIPM who's going right to the TIPM (PCM Fuse) was broke (or shredded by a small pest ?). Very difficult to find, by chance i meet a guy who's working in a Chrysler/jeep/dodge dealer and they print me ALL the electrical wiring diagram, i don't found where the cable is broke, in fact this one goes behind the upper part of the engine. i just cut them and solder a new one with a double insulation. They start like new ... SOLVED

Without this 12v wire the PCM acting weird, showing strange error code, so very difficult to find, i'm pretty disappointed by the quality of the electric wiring in this truck, pretty fragile huh ...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ok well, that's right, i check all wire from the TIPM to the PCM, so the big red from the blue plug at the TIPM who's going right to the TIPM (PCM Fuse) was broke (or shredded by a small pest ?). Very difficult to find, by chance i meet a guy who's working in a Chrysler/jeep/dodge dealer and they print me ALL the electrical wiring diagram, i don't found where the cable is broke, in fact this one goes behind the upper part of the engine. i just cut them and solder a new one with a double insulation. They start like new ... SOLVED

Without this 12v wire the PCM acting weird, showing strange error code, so very difficult to find, i'm pretty disappointed by the quality of the electric wiring in this truck, pretty fragile huh ...
Hell yeah! Hopefully others that have the same problem will see this. Thank you for letting us know how you fixed it.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Reps for following up with the fix!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts