DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum, I'm in a bind and looking for some opinions.

This past Saturday, right before Easter my tow vehicle died on me. I left for a planned vacation right after Easter on Monday, I'm actually away right now in Florida. When I get back I am going to need to tow and then all spring and summer I will be towing at least twice a month.

I found a loaded Laramie Diesel here in Florida that fits 90% of my "wish list". I got the dealer to put together a fairly good deal however I'm on the fence cause my dealer back home in Jersey configured one exactly to my liking and said they can have it in 8 weeks.

Herein lies the problem. Is it REALLY gonna be 8 weeks?? I'm hearing all sorts of rumors of delays cause of chip shortages and covid. I mean I can uncomfortably struggle and borrow a truck to carry me over. However if it goes beyond end of June its gonna start getting tough, going to Mid-Ohio in July and I need something definitely before then.

Not sure if ya'll think I should just grab the one that's in stock here and driver her home.

Truck in Florida has everything I want except, air suspension, panaroof and Ram boxes. At the same time this truck in Florida DOES have the technology package which I cannot get now due to the chip shortage.

Looking for some honest advice.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
If it's that important to you grab the one you can get , you can always trade up next year and order one with what you want .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts