DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Would you buy a hybrid Ram?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, let's hear it. Would you or would you not buy an hybrid Ram and what is your reasoning?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes, When the ability of a hybrid truck is close to the one I have now. I have no desire to keep the oil companies in business, come to that any large conglomerate that is doing more harm to us all than good.

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
Schooling! I have a major test today...on top of a broken halo, washing/clay barring and fixing my stereo....packing, cleaning....Scott's running like a madman trying to find capacitors that were supposed to be installed in my system and weren't. We are leaving tomorrow am!!!!!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
hahahahah that is funny! Everyone voted no! I joined the fun! I like the way a real engine roars and drives! I dont like the humming or a sewing machine!

Sure it is great for the environment! Why should I have to do something about it? The corporations all around the world have F*&%ed this world up. Now I have to sacrifice my V8 because a bunch of people wanted to get rich by taking shortcuts? haha

·
Registered
621 Posts
It depends on where the tampon dispenser was located....'cause only a total poon would have one.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
What's the big deal about a Hemi Hybrid if the plan was to have the same 5.7L HEMI in the Hybird just like a regular ram?

And somone might say that only total poons would drop a pickup truck but that wouldn't be so nice... :LOL:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Unless there was a HUGE bump in fuel economy, probably not. Larger vehicles only get about 2-3mpg more with a hybrid(Lexus SUV is same as gas). BTW- from what I understand, that battery bank has to be replaced about every 8-10 years. How green is disposing of those?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have to agree with everyone!! i bought a truck not caring what the mileage was! you buy a truck for power, torque you don't by one to drive from A-B to get great gas mileage thats what civics are for! Keeping all the truck like things how will you gain the MPG increase that will satsify truck drivers?? Plus i love the sound of a big V8

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,308 Posts
Far be it for me to always go with the grain haha, but in my case, I would have to say I am undecided. While I'm certainly no tree hugging environmentalist seeing as how if it weren't for those big, awful oil companies I probably wouldn't be working, I don't see the hybrid as a terrible thing, and it will probably become a necessary evil over time. Eventually, yes, eventually, we will have tapped and drilled about as much oil as we can expect to, this is a finite resource after all, which will be exhausted one day. No, I didn't buy my truck for fuel economy, I bought a truck because I wanted a truck and yes, same as most here, I love the sound of a gasoline engine and I'm not ready to plug in my truck at night, lol. Guess I'll make up my mind when the time comes, but for now, leave my fossil fuel burning truck alone, lol! :)

- Cajun

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
When they make good enough audio files and good enough speakers for the hybrid trucks to sound like a 360 cubic inch + V8, then, I may consider test driving one.

Until then, I'll keep driving my gas drinking, piston slinging, air polluting, carbon belching four wheeled buggy from Detroit City, and love every torque filled minute of it.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I voted yes, though I guess I should've said maybe. If they were cost effectively priced, AND there were not performance sacrifices, then I would definitely go for it.

My FIL has a hybrid Yukon with the 6.0L V8. He gets in excess of 20MPG around town, and about 25-27MPG on the highway. The problem that I have with his truck (other than I just don't like it LOL) is that he paid more than $50K for it. I don't know the exact warranty he got with the batteries, but I think it's a direct no cost replacement for up to 10 yrs.

Just my opinion

Exco

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where's the benefit of paying $50k for something like that? I know you get a tax break but I can't imagine it being worth it in the long run. As I understand it, the hybrid technology in the Yukon is being shared with the Ram hybrid.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I don't see the benefit of paying $50K for ANYTHING!

If I were to pay more than $30-35K it would have to be an especially special vehicle. I don't see it happening...

Exco

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.