DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Would you buy a hybrid Ram?

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

Why in the world would anyone who bought a Hemi powered beast such as the Ram even consider this foolish nonsense? Power is power and nothing sounds finer than the roar of a gas engine. I refuse to give up my gas mower solely for the fact it is loud and obnoxious.

If anyone thinks that we as human beings are at fault for the current "environmental" state we are in, give your collective heads a shake. If anyone thinks we can actually deplete oil in our lifetime or our grand-grand-grand-grand kids lifetimes, again please give your heads a shake again. We are small insignificant beings who are currently leasing our space on this world and in the concept of time, we will have come and gone as a species within milliseconds of Earths long life. Future (insert whatever you think will be here next) probably won't even know we existed and the Earth will chug along as usual. No matter what we do collectively, we are just not powerful enough to destroy the earth. Ever. With anything we ever invented.

Now we may kill ourselves, but I will save that rant for another post....hehe

No tree hugging here! NEVER!

PS - I can't even remember to plug my cell phone in every night. Imagine forgetting to do that with your electric Hemi? :O

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
HELLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!and like someone else said that shit is ment for small cars and suv's lol

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Flowmaters make no sound when running on electric!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Although I voted I would, Only if it had a HEMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If by hybrid you mean gas/diesel hybrid sure I'm in!!!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
As long as it performs the same as a V8, then I would get one, they just haven't made one that does yet.

I would like to add that Porsche does have a hybrid race car in the lemans series right now so the technology is getting better with time. Just like CV transmissions were around sense the 80's but have only recently become efficient and popular. Technology will change how we power our vehicles whether you like it or not. Electric cars have been around sense cars were invented but our technology is finally catching up with gasoline engines. Just sayin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well I'd have to say no because I need to hear roar of the V8, but the hemi's MDS (multiple displacement system) is a step in the right direction going from 8 to 4 cylinders when cruising in lower RPM and max power isn't needed.
I think that Cummins is the way to go though. especially the 6.7l with all of its emission control jargon and what not, plus all of the after market goodies and the amount of power you can make from the diesels is unreal.

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4
4,226 Posts
What's the big deal about a Hemi Hybrid if the plan was to have the same 5.7L HEMI in the Hybird just like a regular ram?

And somone might say that only total poons would drop a pickup truck but that wouldn't be so nice... :LOL:
lol! I agree though.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I didn't bother with a hybrid when I bought a new car and I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time with a hybrid truck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would get one... Its cool to help the big picture a lil bit... but on the other hand, i just bought a new 42k truck... NOT spending more for ANOTHER new one in 2 years... Besides, i almost finished off the divorce cause of this one...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I doubt that the technology has come far enough yet. GM had a 'hybrid' pickup for a minute. As I recall it was a failure, as most of GMs hybrids have been to date. VW has a new hybrid coming out in the Touraeg (which weighs almost as much as my 1500) that looks promising, but I just can't imagine that a hybrid system will make that big of a difference. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nothing beats driving down the road with your windows open, spraying aerosol cans out the window, dumping used oil in the lakes, and getting 10MPG.

Can you guess my choice?

JK on all that bad stuff, minus the MPG.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts