DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can;t believe the difference in the power my truck has not that i put that accel high perf coil on it! I just put it on last night and there was an instant change in the way my truck idled. (it used to start idleing rough if you let it sit for a couple min) When i started to drive it this morning, there was an even bigger increase in power! i guess maybe the computer is "getting used" to it, but it seems that after i put that coil on it, it unlocked the true power out of the rest of my mods! (pace setter headers, k&N intake, 180* thermostat, mopar spark plug wires, accel coil) I can't believe the difference that it made! easily the best mod that i have seen so far. I have a distributor cap and rotor that i am putting on tonight that hopefully will have a small effect too, but godness gracious i forgot how much of a pain in the a$# it is to even get to the cap in our trucks, let alone change it! lol i just wanted to let everyone know who was thinking about mods and havn't gotten a new coil...Accel coils are WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Hey thanks for the info, never thought a new coil would make such a difference

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting... an often overlooked part too when considering what to upgrade.
yea i honestly wouldn't have even thought about it if i hadn't read through all of the threads and seen the recommendations. It makes sense though. i mean i put on the intake...lets in more air into the engine.....without the "electrical umph" inside the cylinders the added air is obsolete. Same with headers....lets more directed airflow out right? ....without the electrical igniting the gas completely creating the increased exhaust flow to be directed, headers would be obsolete also. I'm just saying lol it makes sense that way to me. please correct me if i'm wrong so that i don't make a fool out of myself when talking about it with someone else. lol :smileup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
i am prolly going to sound like a complete idiot but what coil are we talking about i'm always interested in how to add power to my truck thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
The coil provides the high voltage that is fed through the distributor and then on to the spark plugs. Find the one wire on the distributor that doesn't go to a spark plug and follow it. It will connect to the coil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts