DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any input on the duratrac?

285/60R20 is what I was like to go with.

2008 ram 1/2 ton, 2.5" HBS leveling kit.

Will I have any issues at all? they will be going on stock 20" 5 spoke factory rims. Thank you very much.

Adam

·
Registered
666 Posts
Anyone have any input on the duratrac?

285/60R20 is what I was like to go with.

2008 ram 1/2 ton, 2.5" HBS leveling kit.

Will I have any issues at all? they will be going on stock 20" 5 spoke factory rims. Thank you very much.

Adam
A buddy of mine had a set on a Tacoma and they rode and wore really well... so well that I bought a set for my Wrangler and they're holding up great on that too. I'd have bought a set for my Ram but they didn't have the size I wanted...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Have a set of duratracs installed on my Nitro 1.5" taller than stock. They are amazing! Except on pure icy roads (due to the large lugs) they aren't fantastic. But in powder and slush they just plow threw it.

I decided to go with a cheaper route on the ram I got a set of Wrangler Territorys. Duratracs brother/sister whatever you want to call it. No complaints. They are only .4" smaller than stock so not a big deal for me.

Any more questions just pm me

Nitro:

Ram:

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I ran Duratracs on my Taccoma.... Fantastic tire... aggressive look, excellent in the snow and quite quiet considering the aggressive tread... Trade off is they are a bit soft so may not wear as long but the ones on my Taco seemed to be wearing very well. Now I am researching them for my 12 CC... but I too am wondering about the 285 width... I am looking to do the Bilstein 5100 kit on my truck tho so hopefully should alleviate any problems...

·
Registered
754 Posts
I like these Goodyears as well I am concerened about the noise issue, I have a 35 min commute every day so noise is a factor to me. I will be looking at these the Cooper's and Mich. AT2's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts