DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 4 weeks ago now I wrecked my beloved truck. It happened on a Friday evening when me and a friend were going to hang out with some of our other friends. As we turned off on our friends road he started speeding up in his old little toyota pickup, not looking to make him look bad I just followed at a distance. About quarter mile down the road he passed a bunch of deer way down in the ditch, and startled them with the sounds of a weedeater. So after he passed they ran out of the ditch and I plowed a doe at 55mph. At first I was startled that I actually hit a deer because you never think it's going to happen to you. Well it happen and I slowed down and stoped in the middle of the road and then pulled off to the side. My friend and his gf didn't even know I hit a deer and were still driving down the road when I called him to come back. When he got back he saw me staring at my truck in dismay. My friend, being as good a friend as he is called the cops and stayed on hold with my insurance for me as I was really upset and was getting extremely poed with my insurance company. 35 minutes later 2 cops came and did a report and guided traffic while we waited for a tow truck. After 3 hours of tow truck shenanigans we got the truck back to my house and I forked over 195 bucks. Called insurance company and finished the claim that weekend and luckily got a rental car, being that I'm only 18. That Tuesday our adjuster came out and looked at it, gave me my 195 back, and told us that it would be like 3500 bucks to get it fixed and arranged the body shop to pick it up and what not. By Friday I was at the body shop signing papers to get it fixed. It was all going as I hoped so far and luckily the adjuster said I could get my billet and clears back on instead of stocks cause it would be cheaper than brand new oem. A week later the body shop called and said they raised the estimate to 7 grand. Now the truck has been at Miracle Dodge in Gallatin, TN for the past week now cause they can't get it running. My insurance company is probably wishing they totaled it cause my guess is the bill is about 10 grand now and it is still at Miracle not running 4 weeks later.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Seems like a lot of money for hitting a deer. Still probably better to get fixed than total. Insurance companies tend to low ball you on the value. I've hit lots of deer over the years, Maine is lousy with does and lambs. Stupid bucks only law. Good luck getting her back.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Holy hell... That doesn't look like 10k in damage! Makes you glad you have insurance when you see stuff like this!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea it does seem like a lot, I'm just happy I have full coverage and am only paying 500 instead of 10k. You're right SShadow1974 it does'nt look like 10k, a good bit was probably the week at Miracle Dodge. But I'm gonna be getting it back tomorrow and I can't wait to see my baby again after a month.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Sounds like someone knew insurance was paying for it...
Year ago my Honda Accord was broken into and the glass guy straight out told me that he had two price lists depending on whether they were dealing with insurance or if the owner was paying out of pocket.
No wonder insurance rates are so damned high.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for no updates guys, my phone broke so I had to get a new one and I have been trying to get my truck back to normal. So, the first week I got my truck back the headlights broke and I had to take it back to get it fixed. Now this morning my hids i just put in were'nt working so i poped the hood to find out that I forgot to put back the fuse in the hid wiring harness. Not a problem so I shut my hood and went on my way till I noticed that an hid was falling out of the housing, so I pulled over to put it back in and pop the hood and go to pull the latch when it falls off. So I have been pretty pissed off this morning. Pretty shoddy work so far. But yea it is a lot the only reason it wasn't totaled is because they already put so much in it when it hit those high numbers. Like I said it was at the dealership for a little over a week to only find that they didn't hook up the fuse box right. It's going back AGAIN today. I'll post some photos later today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts