DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have applied and been accepted to Wyotech I am scheduled to start on June 23. I have some questions about financial aid and tool sets etc. I am planning on taking all my master tech tests and passing them before I graduate. I was wondering If anyone knows which snap-on master set i should bundle in with my student loans? Because I want to become a Mopar Master tech when I graduate I know what a surprise:LOL:. Also does any one know if you can bundle your computer into your loans?
Any other advice and tips are helpful thanks guys :smileup:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
How mechanical are you already? I went to UTI for a short term and realized that while there are a few usefull classes most of it is graduated and expensive babysitting.

My one friend that did go to WyoTech did get hired though. Take all the extra cert/classes you can. Smog/adv wiring/fab whatever you can afford to do will help you get hired and maybe be able to do cooler/better things.

Find your local snap on dealer/truck and get a hold of him and ask him for a catalog. Itll have all the master sets laid out in it. Also you can talk to him and find out what people buy and dont because you may think you need 203572830492375023948 sockets, but youd be surprised how many really just sit and go unused. Im not saying only buy a certain set of sizes, but you wont end up needing 4mm-25mm in shallow and deep and 3/8 drive and 1/2 drive and 1/4 drive etc. Just shop smart

As far as the computer one of my friends bought a laptop with his financial aid, but idk how he did it I jsut know he did lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ss4 luck thanks I am very mechanically inclined at least that's what all my friends and family tell me they are alyays having me fix their cars lol.
Im planning on taking almost all the cert courses in there program except bis management or whatever they call it
Ill have to ask the snap on dealer at my work for a copy of their catalog thanks man

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Buy a heavy jacket! I gets colder than a well diggers ass in Wyoming! It really never snows though! It just blows from one side of the state to the other, in increments of 5ft at a time...lol

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
your Snap-On representative may be able to find out what other students of that school have done as far as tools

Are you getting a Government loan or doing it through the school
If it is through the school, watch the loan debt carefully

My brother went through a Local Technical School, like a Community College Program, he got a job with Ford & they sent him to a school run by them, so he could get the proper Certifications

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to uti back in 1995 and finished in 1996 i learned a lot but school is far differnt then when you work in the real world flat rate is hard to make a living at any dealership for any make warrenty work pays about 50% of what customer pay does i wouldnt jump in to a master snap on set i started with a craftsman mechanic set then after i got more time in i started replacing tools with snap on and mac

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wouldn't jump in to a master snap on set i started with a craftsman mechanic set then after i got more time in i started replacing tools with snap on and mac
yea But i get tools at 50 to 75% off price and im going for a gov loan for longer payoff times

·
Registered
10 Posts
do what you want if a sales man from wyo tech is telling you 50-75% off beware they are paid off commision and they tell you what you want to here to enroll in there school i went threw the salemen thing so beware

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok I do know i get the discount bc i asked the snap on rep yesterday he said it depends on what you get but i can get up to 50% off the master set :) good news there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts