DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2011 Mega Cab. Wondering what will happen when I put on my Lance cabover camper? Will this block reception and is it possable to add another antenna (magnetic) on the hood or front of roof?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
The camper is likely nuke your Sat Radio, but your GPS will be fine. It's antenna is in the dash right above the instrument cluster. :)

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
If you mount a cab over camper, you will need to do a windshield mount antenna
You will find that the windshields angle will give you better reception, even with the camper off. Less interference from big trees & bridges. Mount it low & in the corner of the glass. don't put it close to your am/fm antenna for best reception

they make glass mount xm & sirius antennas
http://www.myradiostore.com/antennas-cables/for-inno-helix/glass-antenna.html

Sirius Interior Glass Mounted Antenna, named SIGMA

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad you posted that !

I am in the process of looking at a slide in camper I never even thought of the Sirus antenna location. How difficult is it to get to the radio antenna what dash piece's do you remove ?

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
It depends a lot on your cab, if you have the buckets & full floor console with the shifter on it, it comes apart different from the bench seat with the shifter on the column, but not much

First of all you need your sales code for the radio, most times on the newer Rams, it is found on the radio face, lower right hand corner, 3 letters

Next go to this site, click Dodge, then type in your vehicle info
then scroll down to the radios Sales Code
start reading, & then click MORE INFO, you will find installation & maybe even the radio Manual. It is the best site that i have found for our Media Center MYGIG radios & others

http://www.oemautopartsco.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.