DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's lots of information about exhausts for the various 1/2 ton Hemi trucks here, not so much on the 3/4 ton 2500 trucks that more often than not are diesel motors. I have a 2011 2500 4x4 Hemi, with a 3" Y, into a single very large muffler, single 3" out to a resonator, then a single out the side. My Y pipe seems as restrictive to me as the pics of the 1500, although the pipe that crosses over to the other side is not crushed at all, and seems to be good. Here is a pic of my stock Y pipe.

So, should it be replaced as well, or is it a different part than the 1500? I've read about a loss of back pressure, so I'll keep it if replacing would cost me any loss of low end, or actually void the warranty (other than the exhaust).

Here is a pic from the side, but the other pic shows the restriction better.

I am replacing the muffler with the 5"x11" 22" body (28" overall length) Magnaflow #12589 or the 5"x8" 18" body (24" total length) #12259. Any thoughts on these, or is another one better?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just took care of the problm on my 2004 2500 exhaust looked the same choped it off ahead of the "Y" and did 2.5 pipes with a dual in and dual out XLerator Muffler and ran 2.5 tail pipes and dumped them out the stock location on each side. Just got it back yesterday but really like the low mellow tone and really like the way it picks up off the bottomend. My pickup is a 5sp manual so got a little chance to load it and see how it picks up from the low end The true test is when this farmboy drops a trailer on it and pins its ears back!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.