DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I didn't put it's a megawarrior xl basket by Yakima.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What do you use the basket for? What would you put in the basket that you couldn't simply place in the bed of the truck? Maybe i'm missing something.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,435 Posts
Looks good. Is height an issue for you?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to put a black topper on it for camping. Same height as cab, but carpeted it and wanna keep clean for matress, etc. Right now testing it, then a 3 inch body lift will be going. I'm not liking the q towers that hold it to the cab. Sorry meant bed is carpeted. I have a trailer I built, but decided I don't like really towing trailers, unless tiny. So this will be all in one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it dose look good. i also would like to know what is the intended use? how is the wind noise, if any? thanks.
Fairing keeps whistling down, but will get secondary fairing for rack system that they have for it also. Put in other reply reason for basket.Yakima towers I don't like, just being tightened on sides without drilling though. I did run a ratchet wrapped through it into cab to relieve my own worries. When I get a topper it will get likely transferred to top of topper with actual rails. Testing it out on top, but I do alot of traveling on vacay and buying some rugged land to drop this tiny trailer I built on it. Put almost 7k (it only had 5 miles on purchase) on it in less than four months since purchase traveling from Texas to my hometown in Indiana. Has my shovel axe, will be matching larger spare on top. It will be on topper later most likely though.

Next mods
3inch body lift
Black topper
Diablo pcp to go with my tuner
Bilstein upgrade

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good. Is height an issue for you?
Can't get in garage especially with taller tires and almost 3 inch level in front and back with this on top. However, I'm thinking of putting it the top of a topper which would simpler and could pull the entire rack system and topper when not needed. As far as reaching no since I put side steps on and im 6'0. Without it on top with 3 inch body lift coming it would still fit in garage, but this add 10 or 12 inches on top. Wanna make comfier sleep area in back under a topper for woman and kiddo, but comes apart for use of the bed, YouTube giving me ideas.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a pic of trailer working through likely this coming winter. Still gotta finish up, roofing etc, be on rugged land I buy, wish I didn't sell last 5 acres before I thought of this. Built on harbor freight foldable trailer 1200 Max. I will pull the wheels, gravel, cement block it once I place it. Place to go shooting, zombie hideway (hideway) and just something I wanted to try.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joking about the zombies, just something to do and learn.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I did run a ratchet wrapped through it into cab to relieve my own worries. When I get a topper it will get likely transferred to top of topper with actual rails.
Just a note on the ratchet wrap through(?) the cab. Anything run through the cab will interfere with the side door airbags and could be dangerous.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts