DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 2009 Dodge Ram 2WD, black 2Door. i wanna get a 6in suspension lift, with 20in rockstars with 35X12.5x20 toyo MT's: i just wanna know if this is gonna look good and what yall think. also if anyone has pics of this or similar to this.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
I noticed that you posed this under the 3.7 engine section. While I'm sure it will look great, your 3.7 is going to struggle with this combination unless you regear your rear diff and even then, it's probably not going to be a very happy engine and your fuel mileage will go straight into the toilet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its a 3.7 v6

E

·
0 Posts
Moved over to the Suspension - Lifting section.

That 3.7 won't move out very well with a significant addition of unsprung weight out on the corners. You could improve it some with some gears but still, the 3.7L just doesn't have a lot of torque to work with in the first place.

As far as the look, it would look good!

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
I agree with a 3.7 and you putting 35's on it then it will be hard on the trainy and your engine.I would put some bigger gears in it for sure.If you want a lift I can help you out there.Just pm me and I can get you a quote on a BDS 6" lift with 1" Revtech preload spacers = 8" lift total.Here is a couple of pics of mine.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Yea what you have planned will look good thats for sure. The only difference between your truck and Bighorns is that he has a 4x4. Your truck will sit a little lower then his stock so it wont get to that height without a bigger lift. His truck looks damn mean so yours will too

I have to agree with the other guys and say that 3.7 will have some trouble moving the tires. If you get some larger gears and do some engine mods you will help it out a lot. You might need to spend a bit of money on the motor and then go with the exterior. When you go with bigger tires they get really heavy. I know mine are 80lbs each and they are 35/13.5/20. A good thing is you have a 2 door truck so you do weigh a lot lighter then the guys with a 4 door truck. That does give the motor a little more of an advantage.

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Yea what you have planned will look good thats for sure. The only difference between your truck and Bighorns is that he has a 4x4. Your truck will sit a little lower then his stock so it wont get to that height without a bigger lift. His truck looks damn mean so yours will too

I have to agree with the other guys and say that 3.7 will have some trouble moving the tires. If you get some larger gears and do some engine mods you will help it out a lot. You might need to spend a bit of money on the motor and then go with the exterior. When you go with bigger tires they get really heavy. I know mine are 80lbs each and they are 35/13.5/20. A good thing is you have a 2 door truck so you do weigh a lot lighter then the guys with a 4 door truck. That does give the motor a little more of an advantage.

Thanks bro :).

I don't know what my 37" tires and 20x10 rims weigh but I know they are heavy!! lol

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
I'd have to agree with them also . Make sure you stop by the newbie section and introduce yourself . Also complete your profile by visiting the User Cp at the top of the page . Helps us see what you have when your posting a question or comment .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so then what about 33's do you guys think ill be okay with those? btw i dont know what all that regearing stuff means lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what about a smaller 4in lift? ive always wanted a big truck ya know so i do want to lift it more than just a leveling kit???:sad: and that whole gear thing is that something you do yourself or do you have to take it in to do that

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
If you want to go with a 33" tire then you will have to settle with a leveling kit. If you want to go 4" there is no point and you may as well go with the 6". The 35" tires will look good with the 4 & 6" tires. Now the problem is that you are adding some bigger tires not the size of the truck. So you may as well stick with the 6" lift since the 4" will cost you the same amount.

If you are going to regear the truck then you will want to get some 4.10 gears put in. Since you have a 2wd truck you only have to do the rear differential. This will probably have to be done in a shop unless you know what you are doing. If your gears on the truck are over 3.55 then you should move up to 4.56. You dont want to move up a little in the gear ratio.

The only problem is your truck doesn't have the power/torque to move the tires. Now adding the gears will help you out but you should still add some engine mods. You can do intake, programmer, headers and exhaust. That will give you a good amount of power and should help out with the problem at hand. Also your truck will be quicker and sound better.

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
I just seen a QC 1500 with a 3.7 v6 on 35's with a 6" lift.it is like an 08 or something and he has 4.56 gears.just an fyi.So if your really wanting a 6" lift it can be done.You really need to put 4.56 gears on the rear or bigger.It wont be that much for it sence yours is a 2wd.Like 250.00 for the parts then 300.00 for laybor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok good cuz i want that 6in lift lol, yeah i dont mind having to get it "regeared" lol if it has to be done then it has to be done, what would be too much$$$ for new gears?

·
Registered
526 Posts
google 4.56 dodge ram gears and find yourself some good prices. also check local garages and see what they can get them for. while your doing gears you should put a limited slip in there

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks guys, but im just gonna go with 33's and the 6in lift, i know it'll make my tires look small, but i ont wanna kill my truck, even though it still might a lil bit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts