DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally went and pulled the trigger. Looked at my savings account and decided I was tired of making monthly payments on the truck and on my Harley so I pulled the trigger and paid them both off. It is a great feeling. Took the truck for a long drive and then came home and took the bike for a long ride. Both of them thanked me.

Now all I have left is the house. 46K left and I am working on it.

Sorry for not being around much lately, I have been on the road now for almost 4 months. I now have 115K on the POS Colorado. Of course the company vehicle I am driving is about to be replaced. They ordered me a new F150 EcoBoost. I know I shouldn't put stuff on a company truck but I have already started buying parts for it. LOL

See you all around the block!

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Congrats. I had a decently modded mustamg and the best mod I ever did was get the title in hand. It is a great feeling of truly owning something. I paid of my R1 and have no interest in financing another for AWHILE.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
You did the right thing. Money in a savings account doesn't earn squat these days, no point in paying interest to someone else. :smileup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats! Own your own destiny!!!

I no longer buy stuff I don't have cash in hand for. I don't care how low the interest is, I pay in cash. I held the the title to my truck the day I bought it from the dealer.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I know the feeling, its great. My Ram is paid off as well, paid cash for it.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
very nice sir, at least now ur a free man behind the wheel! the house will come quicker than u think! good luck to ya bud, glad to see ya back around!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now as I think about it I can save for a few months and make sure I have cash to maybe put new tires on the truck. I hear the Nitto's are nice and they would look great if I got them a couple inches taller on my Monster XD rims.

I am never going to finance another new vehicle. I may buy the F150 in a few years when it is time for another work truck depending on whether I like it or not and how many mods I do to it. Of course they will have to offer it at a good price since it will have over 100K miles on it. At least I will know they are my miles. LOL

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congrats!!!! Its a great feeling having the Toys paid for. I stopped having vehicle payments years ago!:smileup:

G

·
Yup, it does feel good...I have no vehicle payments and my 20-year home loan (set up in 1999) gets paid off in 2.5 more years...

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,095 Posts
Congrats on paying off your rides, it definitely is a nice feeling and good to see ya back around! I can see the light at the end of the truck note tunnel lol! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will of course leave full coverage insurance on my vehicles. I have seen a lot of folks do the minimum after they pay of their vehicles and then someone runs into them and they are stuck paying for their own repairs because other people don't always have insurance, or it gets vandalized. Heck, I could afford the insurance before, it is no different now.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I put 2/3s down on my Ram & paid it off in about 9 months
My insurance is what really hurts, $1,000,000 full coverage Commercial policy, $2,300 annually

Heck my Harley insurance is only $200 annually. PL, PD, Uninsured motorist, through Mcgraw Insurance/PSIC

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I now have all my insurance policies through Progressive. One for my motorcycles, on for my trailers, one for my truck, SUV, and car, and a seperate one for my grand-daughters car. I have not found a company that would give me a policy that covers everything in one policy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts