DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today one of my co-workers told me he hates when I start up my truck. It startles him every time. The first time I did the remote start he said he about had to clean his pants!

Another co-worker was driving home besides me and said he had to roll his window up because my truck was too loud.

Yep. It's loud. :gr_grin:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might be able to work out a little video this weekend.

Left the cats on, then after the Y it goes into a 3" single all the way straight out the back to a 4" tip. No muffler.

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
Mine's pretty loud too. I live in a rural area and people still ask me why I have it so loud. I tell 'em I don't like those stupid sonic deer warning things that just confuse 'em.

They can hear me coming, they know what it is, and they get the heck out of the way (except squirrels).

It's just my contribution to the wildlife and living "green".

I'd really hate to sneak up on a buck at 55 mph in something completely silent.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
gotta love when people turn their heads!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tell them to quit being a bunch of wimps, I appreciate a loud truck when I hear one. My super 44 is dumped and is plenty loud enough for me Although I drove around a day or two without a muffler at all and it's really hard to keep your foot out of it.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I get the same thing. Im running open I pipe right now with no cats and ARH long tubes and people HATE me! Between my subs and my exhaust there is no getting away from my noise lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
haha i live in the city and i love when i pull into campus, my truck is the loudest there :) i cant even sneak home anymore. im running a hollowed out cat, with 2 1/2" straight pipe.... i eventually want to run dual straight 3" pipes and maybe put a muffler on it to pass inspection... maybe ;)

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
i cant even sneak home anymore.

When i was 18-20 and living at my my camaro was too loud for me to sneak home too.... it gets old in a hurry. Look into a cutout lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
When i was 18-20 and living at my my camaro was too loud for me to sneak home too.... it gets old in a hurry. Look into a cutout lol
Same here. Sometimes i felt bad when i took the camaro out late at night. I felt like i was waking up the whole neighborhood. Now im daily driving a bike with a slip on, and its almost as loud. The truck is the only peaceful driving i get.

However my guilt dissapears once i set off a few car alarms by just cruising by lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My neighbors HATE me. Absolutely hate me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts