DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The headlight lenses on my '97 Ram are mostly yellow, I've tried a couple of the "headlight cleaning" kits to try to restore them but they haven't done much good. I've seen new lenses on eBay for around $100, would that be the best bet or is there some trick to cleaning them that I don't know about? Something like this is what I'm talking about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-2001-D...es&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c22ca076b#ht_6050wt_1369

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, if you haven't had any success with the cleaning kits then I would definitely go with eBay specials. Less than 100 bucks for a pair of headlights is a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new K2 lenses arrived today, I'll be installing them this weekend.

Old lenses:

New lenses:

The new ones are 1 piece and replace both the headlight and turn signal lenses. I'll get some more pictures once they're installed.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Well it's too late now but you should be able to wet sand the old ones down then buff and polish them to like new. I've done it on several vehicles, works every time. I like the new one piece lights though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it's too late now but you should be able to wet sand the old ones down then buff and polish them to like new. I've done it on several vehicles, works every time. I like the new one piece lights though.
I thought about doing that but when I saw this set I thought that I'd never be able to get my old ones as clear as a new set. And like you said the one piece lights are cool so I'm kinda happy I went this way instead of trying to clean up the old ones.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got one in this during my lunch break today before I ran out of time, I'll get the other one done later on today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts