DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fello Truck Fans,

After spending the last 3 years in Texas, I moved back to the Netherlands. This move had multiple reason, but one thing was certain.... I wouldn't leave my truck behind. Eventhough the gas prices are crazy high over here (+/- $9,45 a gallon), I always wanted a truck, always wanted a HEMI and the USA trucks over here are super expensive....selling wasn't an option.

Because of the law and me living in Texas for some time, I was allowed to import my personal belongings tax free... and my Truck. After dropping the Truck off in Houston for transport, I was Truckless for 2 weeks before I moved back myself. When I got home, I had to get used to the size of the european cars.... Forgot how small they were, or I got used to the size of American Trucks :LOL: After waiting some time, she finally arrived in the Netherlands.... but the Customs took their sweet as time with the paper work. After getting the green light, I grabbed the dealer plates from a family friend of mine and drove her to his dealership. He made some adjustments for the Truck to be allowed on the road in Europe.

It took some waiting, it took some paperwork and money ofcourse.... but the Truck is finally road legal :smileup:

I am going to enjoy my Truck in the Netherlands now :smileup: Texas has lost a Truck, but the Netherlands gained a Truck!!

From now on, I will share and gain information on this forum from out the Netherlands.

Keep on driving and loving your truck(s)

Dutch Dodge

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
That's awesome. When I was over in Europe last summer I saw a FEW Suv/pickups. Man did those look big there!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Are you going to convert your Ram over to LNG ??
many of the other members that moved back to Europe have done that

·
Registered
938 Posts
Awesome story, dude! Even sweeter that it is a Texas truck, could'nt be more american:smileup:! Is it hard to resist running over the little euro cars when they get in your way?:LOL: Rock on, Dutchie!!:head3:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@GTyankee:

First I am going to drive on gas (octane 95), maybe after a few months on LNG... but those systems are expensive for a good one ( around $4000,- )

@RAM EM:

Thanks, The Euro cars are scared of the size of the Truck :D it is awesome to drive a Truck like this in Europe... only some streets are pretty small for the Truck haha

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Lets see some pics of the truck over there!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have seen several around the South London area as well as I think 3 around Athens though they were different years. Dutch I am glad to see you are enjoying your truck were ever.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
glad to hear that a good looking dodge is going to be driving around Europe! you got any pics of it over there yet?? :worthless:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts