DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember people giving me advice on tires fitting. someone told me I needed a 3" lift to fit 285/70r17s on my truck. wow, was he wrong. I have an 05 1500 2wd NO LIFT OR LEVEL and I can fit TRUE 35/12.5r20s without rubbing one bit(even at full turn.) I find this pretty cool b/c i hear of people on their fords and chevys having to get lifts just to fit the 33"s. ;]

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
Cooper Zeon LTZs (stock size) I like them a lot, they're a great all-around tire. I'll probably go with the Terra Grapplers next time, since I'm getting new rims, and the Terra Grapplers have a wide variety of sizes.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cooper Zeon LTZs (stock size) I like them a lot, they're a great all-around tire. I'll probably go with the Terra Grapplers next time, since I'm getting new rims, and the Terra Grapplers have a wide variety of sizes.
Dude don't get the Terras. They're overpriced. I paid 230 a piece and they weren't worth it at all. They look like street tires, so you don't have that aggressive look. They don't hook up in sand at all. And they dont wear very well. I would suggest the Kumho Road Venture MTS. Thats my next tire.

Reactions: City Slicker

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
Dude don't get the Terras. They're overpriced. I paid 230 a piece and they weren't worth it at all. They look like street tires, so you don't have that aggressive look. They don't hook up in sand at all. And they dont wear very well. I would suggest the Kumho Road Venture MTS. Thats my next tire.
Wow, thanks for the info man, I appreciate it. I just did a Google search on those tires, and I'll be honest, they're tread pattern is sick! I'm not upgrading right at this moment, so I have time... but thanks again man :smileup:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
All I know that it looks good,keep being a risk taker LOL It sure paid of.More mods to come once you start you never stop.My only addiction LOL.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,791 Posts
Looks very nice man, glad you went with your own instinct to try it yourself first, worked out well for ya'! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
look good!!!! thanks for the post,shocked those fit!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
looks good! glad it worked out for you

Exco

·
Registered
11,547 Posts
Sharp....totally Sharp! Great job. Glad you went out on a limb and gave it a whirl YOUR way before believing EVERYTHING you hear. Please don't let one person discredit others. I am sorry you were told otherwise. But in the end.....YOUR WAY ROCKS!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I had the same size BFG All Terrains on my 04 2wd with no lift and never had any problems either. I don't think it was even close enough to rubbing to consider needing to lift it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, thanks for the info man, I appreciate it. I just did a Google search on those tires, and I'll be honest, they're tread pattern is sick! I'm not upgrading right at this moment, so I have time... but thanks again man :smileup:
Yeah those Kumhos are nice. They are pretty cheap on TireRack.com That's where I'm gonna order mine from. I'm torn between those and some Mud Grapplers. They are also VERY cheap on www.rimsntires.com I suggest everyone look at that site. Its so cheap compared to most sites

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
:smileup:Your truck looks great with those tires on it. Im sorry to hear you got some wrong info regarding this.:smiledown:It worked out for you...great. As a few people here will now know it is possible because it has been done...thanks:smileup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts