DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Crutchfield has some new pioneer double din dvd players out and I'm looking to purchase one. I'd really like an alpine but don't feel like spending $1,000. I use to have a Kenwood in my old truck, worked good but it stopped reading discs after about a year. Thank god for an extended warranty. Also know a few other people that have the newer Kenwoods and have the same problem. So Kenwood is out of the question. But all of you that had experience with Pioneers, what do ya think?

·
Registered
49 Posts
pioneer double dins

I had one in my Charger,I will never recommend Pioneer to anyone...the lower control bar stopped working,Pioneer wouldnt fix it cause I bought it from Amazon.after a week of going around they finally told me to send it to a 3rd party repair,3 weeks later I got it back they replaced the wrong part(I had marked it with tape and filled out the forms),,,I had to send it back another 2 weeks finally got it right,,,,a month later it started having problems reading the discs,I took it out and left it on a shelf(mind you this was a 3 month old unit,,,after talking to some others in our car club 3 others have had issues with Pioneer NO MORE OF MY MONEY:smiledown:

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Hrmmm, I have had great experiences with pioneers. I just installed an AVH-P4300 last summer and it's been awesome. I do have the common pioneer alternator whine, but that's because I unplugged the RCAs when the system was charged and blew a tiny fuse inside. I have also been too lazy to do the simple RCA-ground fix for it since it doesn't bug me. I also had a single DIN headunit in my old Dakoya that was absolutely solid.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have used Pioneers in my vehicles for years. Had a single din in an old S-10 of mine worked for 7 years in it. Put a Double Din Pioneer Avic X930bt in my wifes car and my pick up and so far for 2 months no problems. they work real well and very easy to use.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have had Pioneer decks for 15+ years and they've always been great. The one radio that wasn't, an Alpine, I couldn't stand. Admittedly a little biased, but the build quality, user interface and performance were all great. Highly tunable units like the P1R and PRS-880 were my personal favorites and kept me coming back.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys! I'll be picking one up soon. I'm getting the extended warranty from crutchfield for 3 years, so if anything goes wrong it'll be covered. Just hate having to deal with warranty companies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts