DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,
Ill start with my setup: 2013 ram 1500 sport, 6" zone with bilstein at 2", 20x9 fuels with 35" dick cepek and I also have 3.22 gears:LOL:

I just bought a 6" zone lift to ad to my existing bilstein 5100s. I had a local shop install it and it looks great. The only issues I have with it are something it sounds almost loose when I hit a small bump are around 40km. I started digging around on the forums and found a couple possible solutions. One possible solution is that the shop installed the bilsteins washer incorrectly which is causing an almost clunk noise. The other was possibly ball joints? so today I put the front end up under some jacks and discovered it was not the ball joints but possibly this bushing? As you can clearly see in the pictures the drivers side lower bushing looks very damaged. Im no mechanic by any means and thats why I have came to the forums asking for some advice and help. I have included a few pictures, please tell me if you think this could be my issue and how big of a deal is it? remember this is a 2013 ram 1500 sport and the lift was installed about 2 weeks ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd put money on it being the washer on the Bilsteins being in the wrong location. That's the first thing to check for sure.

The item you've posted a picture of is the lower part of the sway bar link. It woudn't cause any significant clunking sounds.

Well it looks like you were correct. Washer installed on top of cover not underneath. Except it doesn't look like the oem washer. Do you know if they sell these washers somewhere ?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
When the shop installed my front pro comps, they tightened the 3 mount nuts and strut nut while in the air, free hanging, and I had a bad clunkinging on the way home. Next day I took it back and the strut nuts were loose (once the weight of the truck was on them) Retightened and noise gone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.