DODGE RAM FORUM banner
21 - 40 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 mega cab 3500 with the same Electronic Braking System and Service Antilock Braking System problem. I am as puzzled as everyone with this code, read so much on it that you think i would be an expert by no. Well, i had a friend tell me that its a dirty ABS sensor issue. So, i took a pressure washer and cleaned around my brake calipers, and sensor, let dry overnight and road tested it the next day. Drove 43 miles to work and back with no issues, i am on my third day and still nothing. it may be dumb luck but i went from having this error codes everyday to nothing now. Guys, its worth a try!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi @Camlocker75 - If you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Mark
RamCares
We currently have our Ram 2500 in the shop for the same issue. It went in because of an initial evap code and on the way to the dealership my husband got the abs and traction control lights. Shop finally contacted me yesterday and said that the ABS control module failed. Of course it is now out of warranty so here goes a grand to fix it. After seeing this is a common issue, RAM should do a recall in my opinion. This is our second Ram (first was a 1500,best truck ever) this one we are not having as good of luck with. So disappointed in RAM right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MY sisters 2017 2500 with 35k miles is doing the same thing. ABS brakes, traction control and electric braking system are driving her crazy. Its been happening since the Spring and the Dealership has been great at trying to fix the problem. They spent the whole day trying to fix the issue and couldn't recreate it. Then she picks it up, drives out of the parking lot and it happens all over again. Now the family is traveling 4 hours from home and the chiming making us crazy. I took a video of it. This is insane! Not what you would except from new Dodge ...very frustrating!

·
Registered
2 Posts
MY sisters 2017 2500 with 35k miles is doing the same thing. ABS brakes, traction control and electric braking system are driving her crazy. Its been happening since the Spring and the Dealership has been great at trying to fix the problem. They spent the whole day trying to fix the issue and couldn't recreate it. Then she picks it up, drives out of the parking lot and it happens all over again. Now the family is traveling 4 hours from home and the chiming making us crazy. I took a video of it. This is insane! Not what you would except from new Dodge ...very frustrating!
Our dealer has the part on order. Hopefully this will fix the issue. I hope for your sisters sake it gets fixed soon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally got an appointment with my dealer to let them try and solve this intermittent problem. The EVIC display showed Service Antilock Braking System and alternated to Service Electronic Brake System. It would constantly bing and display the ABS light and the Traction Control light. I made an appointment with our local Ram dealer for 7am and when I dropped it off gave them the following “Love Note”.

2017 Ram Display Brake Error = Service Electronic Braking System and Service Antilock Braking System

See the 3 minute video at

I also showed the service rep the vid on my phone.

The video was made on I-45 just north of the Woodlands, Texas.

It seems to happen more often on rough road but had the error on smooth part of highway.

When it happens, the Cruise Control shuts down and the truck icon in the Navigation stops moving on the map.

When they called me to pick the truck up, below was on the print out……

Cause: has code c0020-01, hcu is short to ground on motor and took out abs module

Replaced: 68437098AB Module Anti Lock Brake System

Replaced: 68143491AA Control Anti Lock Brake System

Replaced hcu and abs module, test drove and everything is working properly

They also noted that they did the Recall V44 Tailgate Latch

When I drove the 3500 home the 20+ miles (4 miles on rough road), the problem did not reoccur.I guess we'll see.....

After a few days, it all seems well. I'll have to say that I've never had a bad experience at any dealer and this one was very well handled.
mine just started the same thing. About how much did the dealer charge?

·
Registered
13 Posts
2017 RAM 2500 with 10,002 miles. Exact same issue. You don't have to duplicate it or the ABS light to stay on, the error code is stored and can be found by run a FULL diagnostic check, not just a check engine read. I ran the diagnostic on my handy BlueDriver reader and at showed code C0020 ABS Pump Motor Control: General Electrical Failure. Took it to the dealer and they replaced 68143491AA Control -Anti Lock Brakes (HCU) Should have replaced it myself, but was a little worried about the brake bleeding process through the unit - could find nothing online about the replacement to guide me. So - 23 days out of warranty I got the privilege of paying $802 to our local RAM dealer to replace. Come on RAM - its a bad solder on a circuit board or something common. This is not a wear and tear item. Should be covering this item no charge.
EXACT SAME PROBLEM/TRUCK
No matter what forum concerning this issue you go to, its the EXACT same story from Ram ! Was told by every shop in the area this was such a reoccurring issue, the dealership service dept’s are the only ones making these repairs & they “only”can get the parts. I’ve reached out every possible way I could to Ram, brought to dealership and had to borrow $ to get it fixed. “Not covered under warranty”. I’ve reached out to multiple ppl about this and taking 100’s of screenshots from all the forum/social media platforms. Please feel free to reach out to me to stay updated with my course of action ‼

·
Registered
13 Posts
Our dealer has the part on order. Hopefully this will fix the issue. I hope for your sisters sake it gets fixed soon!
EXACT SAME PROBLEM/TRUCK
No matter what forum concerning this issue you go to, its the EXACT same story from Ram ! Was told by every shop in the area this was such a reoccurring issue, the dealership service dept’s are the only ones making these repairs & they “only”can get the parts. I’ve reached out every possible way I could to Ram, brought to dealership and had to borrow $ to get it fixed. “Not covered under warranty”. I’ve reached out to multiple ppl about this and taking 100’s of screenshots from all the forum/social media platforms. Please feel free to reach out to me to stay updated with my course of action ‼

·
Registered
4 Posts
Chime finally went off all the lights are still on and no cruise control heading home from MI 5 hours of driving 🙃. Hopefully someone from Ram will contact me to get my sister's info. This has been frustrating enough to make a person rethink a purchase from Dodge!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
My 2017 ram 2500 mega cab started doing this today. 17,800 miles and 3 days out of warranty. Have an appointment to bring to dealer next Friday. They’re not sure if Ram will cover it or not. ☹
mine just started the same thing. About how much did the dealer charge?
Hi @Tombstone & @Grozier1 - Please do not hesitate to send us a private message, as we would be more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support as you address this with your dealer!
EXACT SAME PROBLEM/TRUCK
@GottiSnafu - If you would be willing to send over additional details via private message, we would like to look into your situation further to determine how to best assist at this point.
Chime finally went off all the lights are still on and no cruise control heading home from MI 5 hours of driving 🙃. Hopefully someone from Ram will contact me to get my sister's info. This has been frustrating enough to make a person rethink a purchase from Dodge!
Hi @HollyD - I am very sorry to hear of your sister's situation. Please know that you can submit her info here so that she receives an email follow up: Email Ram. Our care teams are also available via phone at 866-726-4636 as well.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for your follow-up. My sister doesn't have email. I will have her call you at the above number.
Hi @Tombstone & @Grozier1 - Please do not hesitate to send us a private message, as we would be more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support as you address this with your dealer!

@GottiSnafu - If you would be willing to send over additional details via private message, we would like to look into your situation further to determine how to best assist at this point.

Hi @HollyD - I am very sorry to hear of your sister's situation. Please know that you can submit her info here so that she receives an email follow up: Email Ram. Our care teams are also available via phone at 866-726-4636 as well.

Mark
RamCares
Hi MarK - my sister Betty C will be calling the Brenenngan dealership in Tomah WI to set up an appointment tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. How can she message you with details? Holly

·
Registered
13 Posts

Mark
RamCares
I’ve already “messaged” Ram (including you) ... this “reoccurring“ issue is NOT covered and I had to come out of pocket for this inconvenience SO MANY PEOPLE are having

·
Registered
84 Posts
The problem I was experiencing (per my previous post in this thread) appears to have gone away since I replaced both OEM batteries; that was an entirely different problem. Maybe the hour or so with no batteries connected caused the erasure of whatever was causing the erroro messages to intermittently appear. Replaced the batteries and completed a ~250-mile trip (all but ~10 miles towing the camper) over the past weekend and a 100-mile trip withoput towing, and the error messages have not appeared. While I doubt the problem was caused by something replated to a failing battery (or batteries), could this be a remote possibility? I will keep watching for the return of the problem and will connect the code scanner if it does happen.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Thank you for your follow-up. My sister doesn't have email. I will have her call you at the above number.

Hi MarK - my sister Betty C will be calling the Brenenngan dealership in Tomah WI to set up an appointment tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. How can she message you with details? Holly
Thank you for providing her with that number, @HollyD! Our customer care teams are also available through Facebook and Twitter as well if she prefers to follow up on one of those platforms.
I’ve already “messaged” Ram (including you) ... this “reoccurring“ issue is NOT covered and I had to come out of pocket for this inconvenience SO MANY PEOPLE are having
Hi @GottiSnafu - Thank you for the follow up, unfortunately we do not have any private messages from you, however, we are a private message away and more than willing to look into your situation further to determine how to best assist at this point.
The problem I was experiencing (per my previous post in this thread) appears to have gone away since I replaced both OEM batteries; that was an entirely different problem. Maybe the hour or so with no batteries connected caused the erasure of whatever was causing the erroro messages to intermittently appear. Replaced the batteries and completed a ~250-mile trip (all but ~10 miles towing the camper) over the past weekend and a 100-mile trip withoput towing, and the error messages have not appeared. While I doubt the problem was caused by something replated to a failing battery (or batteries), could this be a remote possibility? I will keep watching for the return of the problem and will connect the code scanner if it does happen.
Please be sure to keep us posted, @Summit1. We are always more than willing to get this documented and escalate a case on your behalf for further support should you need to work with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
1 Posts

Mark
RamCares

This is a known problem per my dealer. They have ordered extra ABS and HCU modules because they know they will be coming back. My truck has 23k miles and still has 13k and if it happens again after warranty I expect Dodge/Ram to stand behind this.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
This is a known problem per my dealer. They have ordered extra ABS and HCU modules because they know they will be coming back. My truck has 23k miles and still has 13k and if it happens again after warranty I expect Dodge/Ram to stand behind this.
Hi @gizmo1120 - Please know that our team is always a private message away and more than willing to ensure that you have support as you work with your dealer should you experience this.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
13 Posts
We currently have our Ram 2500 in the shop for the same issue. It went in because of an initial evap code and on the way to the dealership my husband got the abs and traction control lights. Shop finally contacted me yesterday and said that the ABS control module failed. Of course it is now out of warranty so here goes a grand to fix it. After seeing this is a common issue, RAM should do a recall in my opinion. This is our second Ram (first was a 1500,best truck ever) this one we are not having as good of luck with. So disappointed in RAM right now.
I feel the same way !
My 3rd Ram and don’t think I’ll be purchasing another !
To them, it’s saving a thousand dollars. In the long term, they’re losing a lot more ... they’re completely aware of this issue ... simply google this issue ... you’ll get 1000’s of comments on 100 different forums and & other discussion pages (& that’s just those who are willing to to post).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for providing her with that number, @HollyD! Our customer care teams are also available through Facebook and Twitter as well if she prefers to follow up on one of those platforms.

Hi @GottiSnafu - Thank you for the follow up, unfortunately we do not have any private messages from you, however, we are a private message away and more than willing to look into your situation further to determine how to best assist at this point.

Please be sure to keep us posted, @Summit1. We are always more than willing to get this documented and escalate a case on your behalf for further support should you need to work with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares
“Private messages” ?
Other than the multiple emails, Fbook messages, & texts from “Mark/Ram”
Make it easier :
3C6UR5PL3HG721335

21 - 40 of 194 Posts